| Department History |
Picture of the original Fire Hall 1940's
Group Picture 1940's
Front Row: Art Boardman, Leroy Albright, Earl Lawson, John Palmer, Merle Crandall, Ed Morrison, Alvin Nutt, Tim Northrop, Fred Palmer, Ernie Borkman, Gordon Borkman, Chief James Boswell.
Back Row: Roy Anderson, Fred Anderson, Don Miniger, Rudolph Hanstrom, Carl Thornblad, Fred Palmer, George Crandall, Oliver Palmer, Chet Wilber, William Francisco, Ernie Morrison
1939 White Fire Truck . Pictured with the Truck is William Francisco owner operator of the store behind the Truck. Francisco's Store was the location of the organizational meeting of the Busti Volunteer Fire Department.
The Department added a Tanker to is Fleet in 1949, along with a Jeep equiped to fight Grass and Brush Fires.
In 1960 the Department purchased a Ward LeFrance Pumper pictured center.
In 1964 the Department started construction of a new Fire Station. Wich was completed later that year. The old Fire Hall was torn down to make way for the new building. The Fire Trucks were kept in a near by storage garage.
The Department replaced the 600 gallon GMC Tanker in 1963 with a Ford Ward Le France 1000 Gallon Tanker. Also added in 1970 was a Maxium 1000 GPM Pumper and in 1972 a New Grass and Brush Fire Unit.
In 1973 The Department purchased its first Ambulance, and in 1976 built an addition on to the Truck Room and added a Meeting Room area to the Facility.
From the Late 1940's to 1986 the Department hosted the Annual Busti Fire Department Galadays. This event was utilized as the primary fund raiser for the organization and provided necessary funding for equipment and operational costs of the department.
Busti Fire Department Today